Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Update on my P. Kwangsiensis

In a previous post, I described how my P. Kwangsiensis looked like a goner.  It was completely defoliated and only about three or four thin culms looked even remotely green. 

Here it was when I first brought it indoors:



But then, about a week after bringing it inside, I started to see some small signs of hope:


 

Now, about a month later, there are definite signs of life.  There are  roughly 8 new shoots sprouting and there is also growth on two or three of the existing culms.  Apologies ahead of time, these pics were taken with my Blackberry.

Note the numerous new shoots:



Near the center of the image below is a new (out of focus) leaf growing on an existing culm.  My little moso seedling is in the background.



The re-birth of my P. Kwangsiensis is quite astonishing.  I was almost certain that it had perished.  I did fertilize with liquid kelp and I mist it daily - even though it had no leaves for the water to land on!




No comments:

Post a Comment